— Richard Heidenreich, Principal of HEDK Architects
Environmental sustainability is defined as responsible interaction with the environment to avoid depletion or degradation of natural resources and allow for long-term environmental quality. The practice of environmental sustainability helps to ensure that a clean and healthy environment is provided for today’s population without jeopardizing the quality of environment of future generations. OM Housing is dedicated to the practice of providing sustainable, eco-friendly environments in an effort to preserve the environment, conserve water and energy along with providing healthier living standards for generations to come.
Live. Life. Well.
OM Housing believes in living life "Green"! Our communities offer a exceptional living with energy efficiency in mind. Where we can, we strive to meet the guidelines below on new construction and on existing re-construction.
- ENERGY STAR® appliances and low-flow, water-saving fixtures may lower utility bills.
- Improved air quality through the use of low-emitting VOC (volatile organic compounds) paint, carpets, adhesives and sealants
- Enhanced Air filtration leverages fresh outdoor air providing a healthier living environment.
- Native-plant landscaping and high-efficiency irrigation
- ERVs were installed to provide fresh outside air while reducing associated energy costs.
- Kitchen and bathroom are exhausted directly outdoors to remove potential air contaminants. A LEED for Homes requirement
- Energy-efficient low-E windows
- Enhanced Insulation
- Building uses about 30% less water than standard.
- Maintenance uses environment-friendly cleaning supplies.
- Construction waste was recycled.
- Building materials include recycled content.